• Hades Elemental
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1 by DeVloek
[SUBMISSION] Berserk PowerUps was created by DeVloek
Info
Name: Berserk PowerUps
Type: Berserk, Protection, Regeneration, Drain
Palette: Doom
Summon: BerserkMedipackRegen, BerserkStimpack, BerserkStimpackDrain, BerserkStimpackProtect, BerserkPotion, BerserkPotionRegen, BerserkPotionSmall, BerserkPotionSmallDrain, BerserkPotionSmallProtect
Use type: Instant
Duration: Varies
Brightmaps: No
Actor modification: No
ACS: No

Description:
Several variants of the Berserk pack, some of which grant additional powers. Each item comes as a pack and as a potion, so mappers can chose the style that fits best.
All items are compatible with each other and any item that uses PowerStrength (eg. the R667 Berserk Sphere), this means a timed berserk will not override infinite berserk, and the extra powers have their own timer.
  • BerserkPotion: gives 100 health and lasts for the map (same as the original berserk item)
  • BerserkStimpack, BerserkPotionSmall: gives 50 health and lasts for 30 seconds
  • BerserkMedipackRegen, BerserkPotionRegen: gives 100 health and lasts for the map, also regenerates 5 health per second for 60 seconds
  • BerserkStimpackDrain, BerserkPotionSmallDrain: gives 50 health and lasts for 30 seconds, also drains life equal to 25% of the damage dealt
  • BerserkStimpackProtection, BerserkPotionSmallProtect: gives 50 health and lasts for 30 seconds, also reduces incoming damage by 50%

Credits
Code: DeVloek
Sprites: id Software, Dreadopp, Biskit222
Sprite Edit: DeVloek
Idea base: berserk stimpack sprite and potion sprites from the id vault, Medipack, SuperStim

Sprite Preview

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBQfjF7P8NBekfNaJUAr2mwv6j_FL_Pl/view?usp=sharing

Update: Combined the packs and the potions into one file for convenience
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by DeVloek. Reason: updated description

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CaptainToenail
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2 by CaptainToenail
Replied by CaptainToenail on topic [SUBMISSION] Berserk Stimpack
DeVloek, I have submitted an update for the existing SuperStim item with a new sprite so they don't look identical.

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #3 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Berserk Stimpack
Thanks, that's cool :-)

I also made the alpha sprite a little bit larger and added some details, should fit the style of the other health items a little bit better.

btw I'm gonna make some more alternative berserk items with the medipack from the item store and the potions from the id vault. Probably gonna make a new submission for the potions though.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4 by DeVloek
Update: added Berserk Medipack

I made the sprite from Dreadopp's medipack. Works the same as the regular Berserk, but also heals 2 hp every second.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #5 by DeVloek
Update:

streamlined the Berserk packs and the  Berserk potions , now you can use both pk3s together if you remove the line #include "zscript/berserkitems/berserkstuff.txt" from one of them to avoid duplicate classes. Or you can merge both pk3s into one if desired.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #6 by DeVloek

DeVloek, I have submitted an update for the existing SuperStim item with a new sprite so they don't look identical.
Couldn't resist and slapped that pill symbol on the berzerk stimpack

Similar to the SuperStim it will give some protection, 50% damage reduction for 60 seconds.

Thinking about reducing the duration of both berzerk stimpacks to 30 seconds, not sure whats a good value there...
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by DeVloek.

• Gothic
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #7 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Berserk Stimpack
30 seconds for the small one seems good. For the big one, I suggest making the strength last for a map, but the regeneration last 1 minute.
Also, while the original Berserk and the new ones don't conflict, using the cheat "idbehold s" and then using the Berserk Stim will then remove the effect. Considering it's a cheat, I wouldn't think about it too much, but if you think it's worth fixing, feel free to do so.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Gothic.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #8 by DeVloek
I updated the code, now all sources of PowerStrength, including items from mods and cheats, should be accounted for. The timer for the temporary berserk power should now stop if the PowerStrength was received from something else. If it comes from another temporary berserk power, it will be refreshed. I tested this with IDBEHOLDS and the BerserkSphere from the repository and it worked fine. I had some difficulties with multiple berserk pickups of different types in a row but I was able to fix that, I hope all situations are now covered.

Temporary berserk duration is now 30 seconds, protection duration is also 30 seconds, regeneration duration is 60 seconds. Maybe I'm gonna add a temp berserk that regenerates for only 30 seconds, or a infinite berserk that protects for 60 seconds, but for now I'm done with these two powerups. I'll take a look at PowerDrain though, that should be fun in combination with a temp berserk. I'd just have to make some new sprites for that.  PowerDrain berserk is done!

Also one question regarding the submission upload, wouldn't it be better to combine the Berserk Packs and Berserk Potions files? Should be fairly easy for mappers to combine them if both styles are needed, but I think one package that has them all makes more sense, also for potential updates. There aren't any style distinctions in the Item store anyway, although sometimes I wish there were O:-)

edit: forgot to mention 2 other changes. Regeneration and Protection now have HUD icons, and the screen color goes blueish while they are active (if that's too much I can tone it down)
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by DeVloek.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #9 by DeVloek
Update: added life drain berserk (incl HUD icon), updated sprites. I made a new pill symbol, so the one from Capt.Toenail's sprite is no longer used. Thanks for the inspiration though ;-)

• Gothic
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Berserk Stimpack

Also one question regarding the submission upload, wouldn't it be better to combine the Berserk Packs and Berserk Potions files? Should be fairly easy for mappers to combine them if both styles are needed, but I think one package that has them all makes more sense, also for potential updates.

Yeah, I agree