More
5 days 16 hours ago - 5 days 15 hours ago #1 by DeVloek
[UPDATE] Pulse Nailgun was created by DeVloek
Update:
  • wad converted to pk3
  • added indentations to the code to make it readable
  • renamed actors to have unique classnames
  • some minor fixes to the code
  • changed slotnumber from 5 to 6 (as suggested by the classification in the info, also the weapon's behavior is much closer to the plasma rifle than the rocketlauncher)
  • renamed sprite BLAD -> PNGP to remove conflicts with the PulseNailgunZombie's and Moloch's projectile sprites
  • fixed fire sound sometimes cutting off
  • removed ear-raping frequencies from the fire sound (also renamed the sound so it won't be overridden by the PulseNailgunZombie's fire sound, which still has these high screeching frequencies)
  • slightly increased damage (still takes a while to kill an Imp but it shouldn't be too powerful since it's a ripper projectile)
  • added dynamic light to spark
  • spark now randomly changes XFLIP flag
  • amount of ammo received from the NailPouch pickup reduced to 15
  • amount of ammo received from the NailBox pickup increased to 60
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1je2mTfs0TiGr2A9cfDABo8ZYxeGw6oG9/view?usp=sharing

btw I noticed that the weapon behaves quite differently from the one used by the PulsenailgunZombie (who drops it if both are loaded together). In the player's hands it's an automatic rapid fire weapon but the zombie only fires single shots once in a while. Also the projectile fired by the zombie looks different, is faster and deals much more damage. I'm thinking about bringing it in line with the weapon at some point.

edit:
One more change. The weapon's description suggests that the projectile travels at the speed of sound, but although it is a FastProjectile it still looks way too slow for that purpose. So I increased the speed from 75 to 150. Since this will make it rip through actors faster and therefore deal less damage, I increased the damage a bit. Originally it was random(1,2), first I changed it to random(1,3), now it is random(2,3).
Last edit: 5 days 15 hours ago by DeVloek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
10 hours 3 minutes ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [UPDATE] Pulse Nailgun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.