[SUBMISSION] Mindweaver

• CaptainToenail
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #11 by CaptainToenail
Replied by CaptainToenail on topic [SUBMISSION] Mindweaver
That could work Gothic, I'll try it out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Mindweaver
@CaptainToenail Regarding your ideas, I'm already working on the sprites for a hybrid between the Spidermastermind and the Arachnotron. Fortunately SunMadCat has already laid the groundwork, I found some downsized SMM sprites in their monster pack. Currently touching them up to get rid of the many artifacts that probably come from the resize process. Also gonna add missing rotations for some frames and then do some recoloring.

I haven't thought too much about the attacks yet, maybe I should combine your ideas and make it the "TeslaMind"?

• CaptainToenail
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #13 by CaptainToenail
Replied by CaptainToenail on topic [SUBMISSION] Mindweaver
That sounds interesting DeVloek.

The Spider Mastermind is so large, it really limits its usage in Doom maps. Amusingly, you can actually reduce its hitbox size 75% and it still fits the sprites. I'm not sure why iD Software made it so wide in the first place.

There is definitely a niche there for something of the same theme, but smaller. A halfway-point between the Arachnotron and the Mastermind.

• DeVloek
  • Hades Elemental
  • Hades Elemental
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #14 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Mindweaver
yeah for my SMM magic upgrade I reduced the hitbox size too. I think it was just an oversight by id, maybe their first scans of the monster model were bigger than the final monster and they later forgot to adjust the hitbox, or they simply didn't care because the monster doesn't appear in tight rooms anyway.

Almost done with the sprites for the hybrid spider,
Here is a size comparision, I gave her pink eyes and removed those brain-cables which didn't look good on the downsized sprites

• Gothic
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #15 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Mindweaver
I was about to keep this thread open in the Workshop, but Captain Toenail made a new thread here , so I'm closing this.